Here are better and more informed pieces about the clip show we got instead of an actual episode. I wish they could have received a bigger budget, but maybe I just wish they weren’t on Nick. This was the same team that came up with unique idea of the Ember Island players instead of a clip episode, I know they could have done something amazing. I can’t believe how incompetent Nick can be, but they continue to prove me wrong. I’ll keep this one short for readers, I didn’t hate this episode,
“It’s just a mover, don’t overthink it, it’s just a ride.” The rebel says this to a frustrated Bolin after Varrick’s story, and I think we can learn a lot from this line. Let’s not get mad too mad at Nick’s colossus mishandling of LoK, let’s just enjoy LoK while we can…and never watch anything on Nick again.
Here are some positives I took away from this episode.
- Reliving the love triangle was much more bearable with chibi faced characters interacting during the story.
- “Wu down!” is a lame catch phrase, I’m glad it was acknowledged. I think the writers made a lot of jokes poking fun of themselves this episode.
- Tenzin tells Korra how she changed from a hot-headed and selfish girl to a mature young woman who puts the needs of others before herself. This was probably what they set out when they first introduced Korra, but yeah, I like Korra a lot better now. Janet Varney has really matured voicing Korra as well. All the shows I write about are at Comic-Con but I’m too embarrassed to go and too lazy to dress up for it.
- Varrick’s story telling, amazing.
- I hate to say it, but Varrick looks better in Kuvira’s uniform than his old water tribe clothes. Green works for him, it’s the color of money.
- Describing Vaatu as “the meanest scariest kite that ever flew.”
- The 4 past villains on a conference call had me in stitches.
- Vaatu having hands to use a phone and Amon talking into a mic instead of a telephone because they could just reuse that old image. Did Nick provide no money for this episode?
The writers making fun of Unalaq, nobody liked that guy!
- I love how Amon’s voice actor actually got to do a spoof of the villain he played. This has to be a rarity.
- Bolin’s face on Korra’s giant spirit body in Season 2.
- Bolin – “What about zombie Amon? What happened to him huh?” He makes a good point.
- The entire episode could have been Varrick recaping the story and I would have been happy.
- Some singing would have been nice too.
Varrick – “Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.”
Never let Nick get in the way of a good story.
With all the crap that the crew and staff had to deal with, I’m surprised there were so many positives I found with this episode. It speaks volumes about what they accomplished. I’m sure I’ll be able to look back at this in jest after Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko create a new series for another network, but for Nick to take away one of the few episodes of LoK I have left just to save some money…well that’s something I’ll never forgive.